- Small Spray Bottle
- 1 C Distilled Water
- 1 1/2 T Vodka or Witch Hazel
- 7 Drops Various Essential Oils or fragrance oils.
Below are some classic mixes:
rose + ylang ylang = aprodisiac
lemon + black pepper = memory & concentration
frankencense + geranium = happiness & peace
rosemary + grapefruit = confidence
lavender + lemon = fight depression
melaleuca(tea tree) + lavender = relax
peppermint + wild orange = invigorated
Put the water and the vodka into the spray bottle and shake. The vodka (or witch hazel) will help the essential oils to disperse evenly and not settle at the bottom.
Add your choice of Essential Oils or fragrance oils and shake gently.
Shake before each use
HOW TO MAKE RED CLOVER TINCTURE & THE HEALTH BENEFITS
Red Clover is a sweet smelling herb that is an excellent source of phytoestrogen. It has many health benefits for women, such as treating PMS, Menopause, and Osteoporosis. It has also been shown to aid in cardiovascular health as well as preventing cancer cells from growing. Red clover contains valuable nutrients including calcium, chromium, magnesium, niacin, phosphorus, potassium, thiamine, and vitamin C.
RED CLOVER TINCTURE RECIPE
- Harvest the fragrant flowers from areas away from busy roads or any type of possible pollution. Wear gloves and use scissors to clip the tops
- Only harvest what you need to fill a small mason jar and always leave an offering. I usually leave unsalted sunflower seeds
- DO NOT WASH THE FLOWER
- Place enough Red Clover flowers in your mason jar until they reach the top
- Pour 80 proof or higher vodka into the mason jar only half-way. Use a spoon to stir the Red Clovers and make sure there are no air pockets. Continue to fill the mason jar with vodka until it reaches the top. Be careful not to leave any air gaps
- Place the lid on the mason jar and shake
- Label your jar with date, time, and contents
- Store in a cool, dry place and make sure to shake at least once a day for the next 2-3 weeks
- When ready, strain the tincture through a very fine filter. You may have to do this a couple of times to ensure there are no particles in your tincture
- Pour in dark dropper bottles and ouila!!
60 - 100 drops, 3 times per day under the tongue or added to tea. Always consult your doctor when treating any condition or before using.
The pictures above are from my Red Clover harvest today and tincture that is now in my herb cupboard waiting to be enjoyed
Kris @ Dark Moon Tarot